Any squash lovers out there? I love squash. Yellow, green (aka zucchini), spaghetti squash, acorn squash, and now butternut squash. What’s crazy is it took me so long to actually buy it and make stuff with it! I’ve always ordered soups in restaurants and loved, but never actually bought one until last year. Now, it’s practically a staple.
This is probably the easiest and most delicious way to prepare it that isn’t a soup, so without further adieu, enjoy!
Roasted Butternut Squash
- Preheat oven to 375
- Peel skin off squash with a potato peeler
- Cut off the top and bottom of the squash, and then slice it in half & deseed
- Cube it!
- Roughly chop a red onion
- Toss all together in a baking dish or pan with EVOO & Salt
- Roast for 40-60 minutes (my oven runs cool, so mine was in for 60), toss with a spoon a couple of times if your pan is super full
- It’s done when the onions are a little caramelized