Hello hello hello! How are we doing on this fine Thursday? Me? I’m doing well, thanks! I just realized that today is my half birthday. Whomp whomp. Do you know what I can’t stand? People who celebrate half birthdays. LIKE COME ON. Sorry not sorry to all the moms out there who bake the half cakes and toss some candles on it. When and why did this become a thing? MORE IMPORTANTLY…what happens to the other half of the cake??? I won’t bag on half birthdays anymore if you send me the other half…
Anyway, I have a yummy & easy recipe for you today. Raise your hand if you like fried things? I know I’m not the only one. One of the things I love at Thai places is the fried tofu with the peanut dipping sauce. One thing I don’t love about restaurants is they typically fry things in gross oil. Solution! Do it yourself. Also, while I LOVE peanut butter, I have absolutely no self control when it comes to peanut butter. No really. A couple years ago I made some “energy balls” which were really just peanut butter, honey, oats and chocolate chips all rolled up. I doubled the batch because I thought Kris would like them. That means I used two cups of peanut butter. TWO CUPS. Kris didn’t like them. You know who did? This girl. I’m sure you’re seeing where this is going… Yep, I ATE THEM ALL. Guess what that got me? A good 5 lbs around the waist.
So for this recipe today, I’m using sunflower seed butter. You can use whatever kind of nut butter you like, though!
- Get a pan nice and hot, and put in some oil. I like
- Coconut Oil
- Chop the tofu into squares about 1″ around
- Fry those little bastards up
- When they’re browned on each side, put them in a bowl lined with paper towels to soak up the rest of the oil
“Peanut” Dipping Sauce
- 3 TBSP Sunflower seed butter (or any nut butter you choose)
- 1 TBSP Coconut Aminos
- 1 tsp Maple Syup
- 1 TBSP Chili Garlic Sauce
- 1 tsp Soy Sauce
- Put it all in a bowl and mix it all together – Viola! You have your dipping sauce. Sometimes I don’t even add in the maple or soy. This is yet another one where it’s really up to you for taste and spice level. I love that garlic chili sauce so sometimes I add more.
Eat up! I usually make some sort of side salad if I’m having this for dinner, or if I’m doing it as an appetizer, I will double everything.
Enjoy! If you make this, tag me and let me know what you did and how you liked it!